Tuesday, November 29, 2011

All this talk about money...and protesting... and politics....

Okay, I just wanted to start by saying I don't like the way the rich can pay for the legislation that they want. At the same time however, I will not support any movement at this time either. I am seriously starting to think that our government is going nowhere fast no matter what side your on. I have always been in a lower or middle class living situation, and have found job hunting more difficult lately than it was when I was in high school. So basically, the job market sucks, the senate running the bills can't seem to get anything productive passed, and honestly I really don't feel like voting for anyone unless they sit down with me and show me papers with everything they plan to pass to help this country. I am technically leaning towards the Democrats but honestly, I really don't like the way either party is going. I just wish that there was a third party somewhere in the middle, willing to work with both sides, too bad our two party system will for the near future be in charge of any major legislation that our higher ups ever see.

Ill talk about Occupy Wall street for a minute here, I did like the idea of what they were standing up for, however I'd prefer that all of the violent ones be chained in a basement somewhere.... fed.... but away from anything bad they could possibly do. Don't get me wrong, I believe the rich who happen to be violent should be kept away from a cause they stand up for as well. Honestly, the violent people in protests always ruin the protests. What are the eyes on the outside going to see? Yes, they will see signs and protesters, but if there is violence, most people focus on that, why? Because it is wrong! Why people can't understand that is beyond me. Any violence sours any deal you might be trying to make or change through protesting. This means that you can not:

    • loot/steal
    • threaten/beat up
    • intimidate/mentally assault
    • destroy/damage/negatively alter property
People who protest need to learn to follow the laws of morality, if not the laws of the state. Honestly its not that hard, just imagine what ever it happens to be, being done to your sister. Would you appreciate your sister being hurt in any way shape or form? I thought not.

Anyway that's not to say I believe all of the protesters do this. I know there are good ones in there too, just the media that I've seen recently likes to focus on the bad side of everything. That and I would hope everyone would do something productive, turns out revenge and violence isn't when your fighting for any cause. It only turns people away and scares them, whether they are who you are fighting for or not.

I strongly hope that one day we all will sit down together, as people, not Americans, republicans, democrats, or any other dividing lines you can think of; just as people, and figure out what we all need to do, regardless of our origin, sexual orientation, color, accent, or ideas.

That reminds me,
                  Dear politicians:
                        Turns out simply disagreeing with the other side won't cut it anymore, time for a new strategy and some new ideas. Start talking to each other and give some ground.
                  
                  Signed,
                     A concerned citizen

P.s. How did you think this was going to work?

Thank you for reading and I appreciate comments, whether they are negative or positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment