Sunday, November 27, 2011

New series (sort of)

Has anyone been watching any of the series below?

      • Once Upon A Time
      • Grimm
      • American Horror Story
If so, than stay tuned because today I'm going to be telling you what I think of them.

First, I'll start with Once Upon A Time. Honestly, I didnt know what to think of it at first, it seemed like someone took all of the childhood stories and fused them into one. Only thing is, it worked, very well in fact. While at first I was a little taken back by all of the characters at the same time, they organized the stories in a way I never would have expected, It was almost like the stories were always like that. After episode 2 or 3 I was completely addicted to the show, the plot keeps drawing me in and I just can't help watching, even the first episode again.
-Favorite Character: Honestly a hard choice but if I had to choose, Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold or, Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard


During the breaks between episodes, I've also been watching Grimm. This wasn't as amazing as Once Upon A Time, but still had that storybook draw to it. It took more time for me to enjoy, but once I got into it I was hooked. I dont mind missing an episode of this however, it really is just a break from the story of Once Upon A Time for me. Still, if you liked Grimm's Fairy Tales you should still give it a try. It focuses on the main character, a detective, discovering his family is a descendant of the Grimm family. The Grimm's had some secrets hidden behind their storybooks, and he is thrown into the hidden mess when his aunt is almost killed by a grim reaper. This was just the first episode as well, so I still like to keep up with it.
-Favorite Character: Eddie Monroe the Blutbad (Big Bad Wolf) he gets as a partner

That brings me to American Horror Story, or American Horror as I call it for short. It is best watched alone, but if you get scared even when you have someone next to you, you definitely need someone there. I told myself at the beginning of the first episode, ah it can't be that scary, I mean its only on tv. So far there has been rape, murder, sexual tension, ghosts that can and will keep you out of their business, and of course what would a horror story be without a heartbroken mother and an insane father, who want nothing more than a child. Only problem being is the child was kidnapped dismembered and stitched back together. It is truly a scary story that will have you locking your doors and windows. I even had to go as far as to turn on a light every step I took to go to bed one night. If you like creepy big scares you'll love this.
-Favorite Creepiest character: I would probably say either the ghost in the rubber suit, or the ghost of the next door neighbors deformed son who lives in the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment