Thursday, December 22, 2011

My job search (a little ranty)

When I moved and got the stuff I had left back over there, everything I own fits into about a single box... But things are not what makes a person great or memorable, its the personality and the mind, and what that person decides to do with it. I still don't have a job and honestly am starting to feel useless, I know I am good with people. I can work with people, I can work with most anything else that's simple enough. My main issue has been that I stopped trying, I know it was a dick move and I'm trying hard again... I'm not used to the working world though, I mean even my brother and sister had an in when they got their jobs. I don't want to wait anymore though, I NEED A JOB! No matter what it is, if I don't get one in a few months I seriously have no idea where my confidence levels are going to be. I know I joked a few times about only wanting a job for Christmas, but honestly, it was no joke... If I could choose between a bunch of fancy gifts, and actually being able to buy anything for myself, I'd choose the ladder. I just wish job hunting was as easy as it was when I got my first job as a paper boy, and than my slightly harder to get job at a mini-mart near my house. Things just have gotten so much more complicated and impersonal, for me if you take out the human element, you take away the draw of the job. Not to say I won't try and conform to the new way of job hunting, but I just don't understand how things got so weird so fast. I've always though you would want to meet the people you hire before hand, no matter what you might be doing, even a phone call would be nice. I guess what I'm trying to say is the new way of job searching is much more tiring for me than what I experienced in the past, makes me feel old saying that but it's how I feel. Please don't take too much of this to heart though, besides the wanting a job thing that is. The point of my posting this was so the few readers I have might know what's going on in my life, after all part of the title is "What I'm doing". Thank you for reading, and remember to keep your chins up, until next post I'll be sleeping......

or not near a computer anyway...

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment