Sunday, December 11, 2011

Reviewing: Killing Floor

I figured it was about time I got back to what I like doing, Gaming. So here it is, I played a two day trial of a survival first person shooter called killing floor. There was a deal on it through steam so I figured it was worth a try. So far what I've seen, it has a decent system for collecting weapons, gaining money, and having different classes that still can play similarly enough to not destroy your ability to play the game. The amount of enemies and the number of different enemies both are fairly high compared to what I'm used to in survival horror games, but it is what I love in these games. It is a wave based survival mode, the one mode I wish more games had minus a time limit. You gain cash based on the number of enemies destroyed, and I believe you get more for how you kill them. The class I started with was the sniper like class, you level this one up by getting head shots, than there are other classes that level up depending on damage dealt, kills made on specific enemy types, and so on. The one issue I have with this game is the slow level ups that I've seen, I believe I was only able to level up 2 or 3 times with the sniper class and it seemed to take forever after that. The level selection and weapons almost seemed to make up for that though. You can also level up other classes while using a different class if you use the right weapons. It all seems a bit difficult to understand but once you get the hang of it, this is a very fun game. If I could get the money together I would definitely buy this game as soon as I could, and at the low price of about $5 why wouldn't I? As I usually sugest though, do research and find a demo if you can before spending the cash on any game, just because I like it doesn't mean everyone will. Definitely give it a try if your into challenging multi-player, or single-player zombie killing fun. I give this game a 3 out of 5 simply because it seems too familiar, not that its a bad thing.

A link to the games site here: http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/

Hopefully you enjoyed this read and will continue reading, as always I would love comments to see if I can improve anywhere. Until next time, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment