Thursday, December 22, 2011

Time For A Face-Lift

Or at least that's what most of the sites I frequent must have thought to them selves. I first noticed it on Facebook, it sorta kinda took a page from everywhere else and is letting you have a simple background picture. To me it looks tasteful and is going to keep a lot of people happy, mainly because it didn't screw with Facebook Chat, or the feed page. It does seem easier to read and access, along with letting you check specific months of posts instead of clicking "show more" about a thousand times. In my opinion Facebook's Timeline feature is worth it, just check to see if anyone you know has it and give it a try, as I understand it you can remove it later or simply not publish it if your not sure about it yet. The second place I found some aesthetic changes was YouTube. It started this winter face-lift a while ago, not that I remember when it started... But the changes have only improved usability and have given YouTube an over all nice look. The most recent thing I noticed was the 3D functionality and what seems to be a snowflake effect YouTube has put into some of the videos. I'm not sure which videos can or can not have this effect yet, but a lot of them have a little snow flake button just next to the quality button. I've found various other changes that appear to be minor, I would go into detail as to what they were but it is getting late so I'll just say there have been a lot if you look around. Just to name two sites I've noticed subtle changes in, there's http://www.escapistmagazine.com/ and http://blip.tv/. But as I said, the changes I've been able to find were small, and if you weren't looking you wouldn't notice.

Anyway, happy holidays and have fun with your holiday plans. As for me, I am going to be in the mountains with someone special and half of the family I will eventually call my family. Please comment or whatever you do on here, and give me some ideas if you have some, I'll post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment