Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Suspicious Activity? On My E-Mail? It's more likely than you think...

So, apparently my aol mail account has been disabled for my safety because of its "Suspicious Activity". I had already known about said activity but since there was no option to force me to be logged in to send something, I could do nothing about it. I let it lay where it was and blocked the occasional spam message that I got. Now... After all of this time... AOL has finally caught on to the problem with my account, the only solution however... Close it for MY protection... What The HELL! Honestly I'm not the only one who has an essentially hi-jacked E-mail account, I'm pretty sure mine got jacked from one of my friends hack messages. They didn't send it, but they were infected... You'd think AOL would just have though of something to... I don't know... Disable boting on their mail services? Would it be that hard to make the person have to know a password and where their computer was located? Anything.... I just can't believe this... On top of that my account is now locked for 24 hours because I couldn't answer the security question, which I'm assuming is case sensitive. So, I doubt, HIGHLY, that I will gain access to my MAIN FREAKIN E-MAIL! ...for a while... I know I am no server expert but youd think they would have gotten the help of someone big in virus and spyware protection by now, like oh, I dunno... CISCO systems or McAfee? Seriously, most of the e-mail services out there need to tighten the cracks a little. I don't think this little rant will change anything in any way but, man I wish it would. If anyone else has problems like getting recipient could not be found, when you did not send a message, please comment and tell me about it... Also it would do those people well to memorize, thoroughly their security question answer, so they don't get locked out of their account.

No comments:

Post a Comment